Put our expertise to work for you. At Solaris, we are happy to help our patients take a pro-active approach to the care of their mouths and restorations. We always have an eye open for the latest news in dental technology, and it is our pleasure to share them with you.
For more information on how to get your crown made by Solaris, or if you want to visit a Solaris- recommended dentist
“Solaris is the best place in town for customer service. We were very happy with the results.”
- Jaw muscles can contract with a force as great as 55 pounds on the incisors and 200 pounds on the molars.
- U.S. and Japanese studies have found that black or green tea has anti-bacterial powers that help prevent cavities and gum disease.
- Teeth are the only parts of the human body that can’t repair themselves.
- While calcium is important to strengthen bone, 99 percent of the body’s calcium is contained in teeth.
Test Your Dental Knowledge
- Q: When a tooth is accidentally knocked out, it should be placed back in its socket as soon as possible. What is the next best place to put it?
- A: In milk or water.
- Q: What is the name of the procedure that can save a diseased or injured tooth without having to remove it?
- A: A root canal.
- Q: What did scientists find in the mouth of a 2,000 year-old Egyptian mummy?
- A: A filling.
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste The earliest toothbrushes were simply small sticks, eventually mashed at one end to increase their cleaning surface. Ancient Roman patricians employed special slaves to clean their teeth!
- Dental Drill The earliest devices for doing this were picks and enamel scissors. Then two-edged cutting instruments were designed, they were twirled in both directions between the fingers!