Solaris -about-us
Solaris -about-us



Science tells us we are all biochemically unique. Which means that some dental materials could be the worst materials to use for you individually. If you have allergies, or multiple chemical sensitivities, the situation becomes even more worrisome.

While it is highly unusual for a patient to have an allergic reaction in the dental environment, there are some individuals who are allergic to some of the ingredients or materials utilized by the dentist. A small group of individuals suspect that they have amalgam-related illnesses and cannot tolerate glass ionomer cement used for small fillings. Potential side-effects seem to be connected to the cement that is used when keeping ceramics in place. A few other sensitive patients indicate possible side effects from components released from composites. Most composites function well in the majority of patients.

Like all substances, materials used in dental technology and dentistry, such as dental alloys, acrylics and ceramics, can undergo interaction with the human organism. In principle, allergic or toxic reactions may occur.

What is an allergy?

An allergy is an abnormal reaction or increased sensitivity to certain substances or “allergens.” The allergic individual produces symptoms when exposed to these substances which are harmless to non-allergic people. Many people have few, if any, allergies (except perhaps to having to work inside on a beautiful, sunny day). Others are so incredibly allergic that merely taking an aspirin or getting stung by a bee can trigger a potentially life-threatening allergic reaction.

The most common allergic reactions that occur in connection with dental materials are those of Type IV, in which the time of the occurence of the allergic reaction depends on the properties of the metal, the degree of sensitisation and genetic factors. Such a reaction is usually connected with a contact stomatitis. It must be kept in mind that in the case of an allergy that is supposed to have been triggered by a dental material, a corresponding change in the mucous membrane must take place in adjacent areas in the oral cavity. If such a change is not observed, the findings are doubtful.

Types of allergic reactions

Type I (Anaphylaxis):

Anaphylaxis is an acute allergic reaction which affects the whole body and requires immediate medical attention. Many people who are severely allergic to something may have this reaction. Symptoms include anxiety, itching of the skin, headache, nausea and vomiting, sneezing and coughing, abdominal cramps, hives and swelling of tissues such as lips and joints, diarrhea, shortness of breath and wheezing, low blood pressure, convulsions, and loss of consciousness.
Type II (Cytotoxic reaction):
Here antigens freely dissolved in the blood react with anitbodies (lgA, lgG, lgM) bonded to leukocytes, erythrocytes or thrombocytes (components of the blood). A massive decline in blood cells due to clumping is the consequence.
Type III (immune complex reaction):
Here antibodies freely dissolved in the blood (mostly lgG) and freely dissolved antigens react. Vascular occlusion with inflammation occurs.
Type IV (cell-induced immune reaction): 
Also designated as delayed allergic reaction or delayed oversensitivity reaction. Activated T lymphocytes destroy cells whose cell membranes have been altered due to allergens. The high point of this reaction is reached after one day at the earliest.

We have the solution

We provide absolutely metal-free restorations which are harder than metal, therefore providing you perfect strength and biocompatibility with no risk of allergies!


Today’s increasing health-consciousness is demonstrated by patients’ demand for biocompatible dental restorations.

If you suspect that you may have an allergic reaction to dental materials, please ask your family doctor or dentist about the reactivity test.

Testing for allergies

The best scientific approach to identifying and potentially solving the problem of dental materials allergies is the Clifford Materials Reactivity Test. It is a simple laboratory test that detects the presence of antibodies which may have formed in your body against such chemical groups as acrylates, urethanes, toluenes, nickel, aluminum, mercury, and other materials often used in dentistry.
These antibodies may have formed in your system after eating food or drinking water that had been exposed to various environmental conditions, or from exposure caused by previously completed dental work.
Once you have been sensitized to a particular chemical component, any further exposure from any source, including dental or medical procedures, can be hazardous to your health and we would rather not have that occur.
The Clifford Material Reactivity testing evaluates your sensitivity to more than 1,400 dental products, indicating which items are suitable or not suitable for you. The test will also indicate any allergies that you may have to dental materials that are already in your mouth from previous dental work. 

Mobile Optimized